Revision Date: April 1, 2022
Common Goals of All Practices and Specification of Practice
1. In-house training and thorough understanding
2. Communication and co-operation with stakeholders
Human Rights and Labor
1. Freely Chosen Employment
- ・Forced labor, slave labor, exploitative prisoner labor and labor involving human trafficking shall not be used. Furthermore, making a person work against their will and forced labor that removes a person's freedom of leaving their job shall not be permitted. An individual’s will to be employed is voluntary, and if they wish to terminate or retire, the company will respect their decision without penalty.
- ・The hiring process to prevent job applicants from being obligated to pay recruitment fees, being contracted to work in less favorable working conditions than what were initially promised, being hired under a contract in a written language they cannot understand, and other such unfair treatment shall be appropriately managed.
- ・The original copies of an employee's documents such as their identification card or passport shall be retained by the employee. The company shall not hold said documents.
2. Prohibition of Child Labor
- ・Age of employees will be confirmed with an appropriate system, and the company will not employ anyone below the minimum age of employment.
- ・Workers under the age of 18 shall be prevent from engaging in work that could jeopardize their health, including night shifts, outside of office hours, and excessive overtime.
- ・When accepting student workers as interns the rights of students, as well as their health and safety shall be protected through appropriate management while complying with the applicable laws and providing necessary support and training.
- ・When workers are under the minimum working age, appropriate measures shall be taken for them in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
3. Working Hours
- ・Work hours shall be properly managed to improve a healthy lifestyle for each worker. Even in a busy situation, work shall be carried out within the overtime hour limit stipulated in the 36 Agreement.
- ・The total number of working hours should not exceed 60 hours per workweek except in emergency or extraordinary situations. One or more days off per week shall be provided for each employee.
- ・Overtime work shall happen at the request of the company and in agreement with the workers.
4. Wages and Benefits
- ・Wages shall not be less than the minimum legal wage stipulated for the local area. In addition, wages are not to be unfairly reduced.
- ・Workers shall be informed of how overtime and various other allowances are paid to them by using an itemized payslip in which it is easy for the worker to understand the details regarding overtime payments and the various allowances paid.
5. Humane Treatment
- ・Itemized payslips in which it is easy for the worker to understand the details regarding outside office hours, or other allowances will be provided.
- ・The company shall not impose unreasonable restrictions on the access and movement of workers to and from company facilities.
6. Prohibition of Discrimination and Harassment
- ・The company will create a healthy workplace environment through the fair evaluation, education and training, and employment regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or family status.
- ・The company will not perform pregnancy or other medical tests on candidates and employees for discriminatory purposes.
7. Freedom of Association
- ・Improvements to the labor conditions and workplace environments of employees shall be planned through discussions and negotiations with the company via the Senyu-kai and labor committee as the representative of employees.
- ・There shall be no form of retaliation toward or unfair evaluation of employees due to their participation or non-participation in collective bargaining, or the content of their opinions.
Health and safety
1. Occupational Safety
- ・The company will assess workplaces for health and safety risks and prevent accidents by eliminating safety hazards, developing substitution processes, and implementing preventive measures.
- ・The company shall give appropriate consideration to female employees who are pregnant or taking care of children, such as relocating them from hazardous work environments and from performing tasks that involve a heavy burden.
2. Emergency Preparedness
- ・Emergency procedures for natural disasters such as earthquake, fire and flood shall be implemented and routinely reviewed.
- ・Disaster drills will be conducted at least once a year. Checks of fire extinguishing and emergency equipment, secure evacuation routes and emergency exits, and emergency contacts will be conducted.
- ・A proper evacuation route is to be secured and easily identifiable in case of emergencies.
- ・As measures and preparations against infection and spread of diseases, the company takes preventative actions such as procuring supplies to prevent epidemics.
Additionally, if an employee is infected, the company will request them to refrain from coming to work during the recovery period to prevent the spread of the disease.
3. Prevention of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses
- ・The company will use appropriate management of workplaces and operational systems to prevent occupational accidents.
- ・Periodic medical checks shall be conducted as follows: General health checks: once per year; Lifestyle-related disease checks: twice per year; Specialized health exams: twice per year
- ・The company will establish a system to facilitate reporting, treatment and counseling of sick and wounded persons.
4. Industrial Hygiene
- ・Methods to prevent the scattering or dispersion of chemicals and other substances are to be implemented and industrial hygiene is to be upheld in order to prevent the overexposure of employees to chemicals and other substances.
- ・All workers are provided with appropriate protective equipment in good condition for free. When worn properly, it ensures their health and safety while they perform their tasks.
5. Physically Demanding Work
- ・For employees who engage in repetitive tasks over an extended period of time, measures will be taken to reduce physical toll such as providing sufficient rest periods to allow recovery.
6. Machine Safety Measures
- ・To protect employees physically, safety measures will be taken through installation and appropriate maintenance of area sensors and interlocks (mechanisms that protect against miss-operation and malfunction) in appropriate locations on machinery.
- ・Assess the dangers in daily work using machines and non-daily work such as machine maintenance and cleaning, and take countermeasures.
7. Sanitation, Food and Housing
- ・Facilities such as employee dormitories, eating areas, bathrooms are to be maintained as comfortable environments with considerations made for safety and hygiene.
8. Health and Safety Communication
- ・Within the workplace, safety-related risks and proper operational procedures shall be communicated and shared, and information required to ensure that those procedures are followed shall be posted.
- ・Handling methods for chemicals and other substances, as well as emergency response procedures, shall be communicated to workers. Samples shall be stored and procedures posted in locations where they can be accessed at any time.
- ・The company shall maintain a system to enable workers to raise health and safety concerns.
9. Prohibition of Drugs and Other Substances in the Workplace
- ・The use, sale, and possession of illegal drugs or any other controlled substances (excluding drugs prescribed to an individual by a physician for medical use) shall be forbidden in the workplace.
- ・The consumption and possession of alcoholic beverages (excluding the temporary storage of gift items and the consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages during company events) shall be forbidden in the workplace.
- ・Employees shall be forbidden from being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any other controlled substances during work hours.
1. Environmental Permits and Reporting
- ・All legally required environmental permits shall be obtained and all managing and reporting operational requirements shall be followed.
2. Pollution Prevention and Effective Use of Resources
- ・By improving production processes and recycling, the effective use of resources and waste production shall be measured, and the reduction of inefficient use of resources and environmental pollution shall be encouraged.
3. Hazardous Substances
- ・Chemicals, waste and other materials posing a hazard if released into the environment are to be handled, stored, recycled and disposed of safely to avoid leakage in order to protect human health and the environment.
4. Solid Waste
- ・Environmental preservation through management of solid waste and promotion of recycling shall be encouraged.
5. Emission of substances into the Atmosphere
- ・The use of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) or corrosive substances, ozone depleting substances, and by-products of combustion, etc. will be monitored and controlled within safe levels at each facility to avoid atmospheric pollution.
- ・Ozone depleting substances will be managed appropriately in accordance with the Montreal Protocol and applicable regulations.
6. Product Content Restrictions
- ・All specific chemical substances defined by applicable laws and regulations are to be controlled for all products.
7. Water Management
- ・Prevent overflow of contaminated water into rain drains or the public water system by identifying contamination risks and managing the associated risks.
- ・Awareness of the status of water usage and conservation of water shall be encouraged.
8. Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- ・The company shall set targets for energy conservation and reduction of greenhouse gases (GHG), take measures against climate change through business activities, and publicize their progress.
- ・Consideration to biodiversity and efforts to participate in natural conservation activities shall be encouraged.
Fair Trade and Ethics
1. Business Integrity
- ・Any and all forms of corruption, extortion, and embezzlement or falsification shall be prohibited.
2. Prevention of Corruption
- ・Dishonest acts such as bribery and collusive relationships shall be forbidden, and anti-corruption measures shall be taken.
3. Disclosure of Information
- ・All information stipulated according to applicable laws and regulations pertaining to our business activities, corporate structure, and financial situation is to be publicly disclosed.
4. Intellectual Property
- ・The company will protect its intellectual property rights as well as those of its customers, and business partners.
5. Fair Business Activities
- ・Fair and free competition as well as honest and fair business activities is to be conducted.
- ・The confidential information of customers and suppliers is to be protected and managed.
6. Protection of Anonymity and Prohibition of Retaliation
- ・The company ensures the anonymity of whistleblowers who report violations of laws and regulations, and prohibits retaliation.
7. Responsible Mining Activities (Mineral Procurement)
- ・The company prohibits trade with individuals and organizations involved in human rights violations such as conflict, terrorism and child labor, and use of minerals in accordance with RMI (Responsible Minerals Initiative) regulations.
- ・The target minerals will be in line with OECD's Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas or an equivalent accepted approach.
8. Protection of Privacy
- ・The confidentiality of the information pertaining to customers, suppliers and employees shall be managed, protected and maintained.
9. Export Control
- ・Proper export control by following the applicable laws, regulations, internal rules, and periodic audits shall be conducted.
Product Quality and Safety
1. Products and Services
- ・Product safety and sale of products in a responsible manner as a manufacturer shall be ensured.
- ・Compliance with applicable product safety regulations and standards shall be ensured.
- ・The information of products and services to customers shall be provided accurately and free from misrepresentation or falsification.
2. Stability of Supply
- ・Risk assessments for emergencies and natural disasters shall be conducted and a recovery plan to minimize damage and facilitate a quick recovery of business activities in these situations shall be formulated to be executed.
1. Computer and Network
- ・Protective measures against unauthorized access to computers or networks to effectively prevent the company and its business partners from receiving damage or disruption shall be ensured.
- ・The company will perform risk management to prevent leaks and loss of information, and safety measures shall be taken for information assets.
2. Social Media
・Guidelines related to the use of social media shall be prepared, and education of employees on the appropriate use of social media shall be provided.
1. Social Contributions
- ・Contribution to the development of culture and art through interaction with local communities.
- ・Corporation in events organized local communities.
- ・Participation in local nature conservation activities.